The Harvest Money Expo 2020 was organized by the New vision group in partnership with the in partnership with The Netherlands Export Combination (NEC), Agriprofocus Uganda, the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) and the Netherlands Embassy in Uganda. This activity took place during from Friday the 14th – Sunday the 16th February 2020 at the Mandela National Stadium in Kampala.
The purpose of participating in the Expo.
The harvest money Expo has grown to be the biggest match-making agricultural expo in Uganda. Which provides a great opportunity for the agripreneurs supported by the ENABLE youth program to participate. The emphasis in the 2020 expo was standards, processes and markets as some of the factors that are key to successful commercial farming.
About the Expo.
The expo saw an attendance of over 40,000 people and had over 160 exhibitors showcasing their agribusiness products and services these included seed companies, companies in value addition, financing, machinery, extension services, research, government parastatals and irrigation companies.
The expo was officially opened by the prime minister of Uganda Dr. Ruhakana Rugunda accompanied by the Ambassador of the of the kingdom of the Netherlands Mr. Henk Jan Bakker, the Minister of He is the minister for animal industry in the Ugandan cabinet , Hon. Bright Kanyontore Rwamirama and Chief Executive Officer of the New vision Mr. Robert Kabushenga.
In partnership with the Embassy of the kingdom of the Netherlands and Agriprofocus Uganda the ENABLE youth Program was provided with exhibition space and a total of 6 agripreneurs chose to participate from the various regions. The agripreneurs that participated were able to;
• Participate in the masterclasses to gain knowledge from Dutch experts and Uganda's best farmers;
• Broaden their knowledge on products and service offered by Dutch companies and perhaps do business with them;
• Interact with some of Uganda's best farmers;
• Do business and get inspired by Ugandan entrepreneurs making agribusiness work for Dutch funded food security development programs;
• Get opportunities to exchange information and eventually find business solutions, markets and partners.